- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska, 1993
- Nebraska Supreme Court 1993
- Juris Doctorate, 1993
Creighton Law School, cum laude
- Bachelor of Science, 1987
University of Nebraska – Lincoln, College of Arts and Sciences
Publications and Presentations
- An Examination of the Statute of Repose: Givens v. Anchor Packing, Inc., 25 Creighton L. Rev. 771 (1992)
- General Counsel and Regulatory Counsel for the Nebraska Rural Electric Association.
- General Counsel for Burt County Public Power District, Cedar-Knox Public Power District, Custer Public Power District, Cuming County Public Power District, Elkhorn Public Power District, Loup Valleys Rural Public Power District, Norris Public Power District, Southern Public Power District, and Stanton Public Power District.
- Presently provides legal counsel to Natural Resources Districts relative to water management issues, dam construction and rehabilitation projects, condemnation and other broad legal issues.
- Litigation experience before each Judicial District Court within Nebraska.
- Administrative experience and hearings before the Department of Natural Resources, the Department of Environmental Quality, the Power Review Board, the Public Service Commission, the Department of Insurance, the Department of Revenue, Department of Agriculture, Department of Roads, the Department of Motor Vehicles, and the Tax Equalization and Review Commission.
- 2000 to present: Sponsor and Chairman of the annual Nebraska Rural Electric Legal Seminar.
- Frequent lector at agricultural, utility, and water policy conferences.
- Former Chairman of the Nebraska Bar Association for Natural Resources and Environmental Law Section and the Agricultural Law Section.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, 1993
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 1993
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation, Fellow